Mandrel bending machines
Sommer Maschinenbau GmbH produces mandrel bending machines with a considerable product depth. The mandrel bending machines of the S-series have a modular design and are nearly identical in function and handling, starting from basic model S42 to the top model S90.
Automation and drive technology are at the heart of our machines.
- Our controllers are up-to-date and future-proof. Calculation of pipe geometries, touch control and data exchange via (W)LAN or USB are standard.
- Our Cyclo gearboxes are extremely stable and work extremely accurately for many years. Backlash and feather key wear in competitive products often lead to costly servicing.
- Mobile unit on heavy-duty rollers
- force-fit machine body (not shared) made of steel profile
- No use of aluminium on tension-sensitive or pressure-sensitive parts such as mandrel carriers and gear housing
- Changeable bending direction (short conversion)
- Faster point determination for length and torsional twisting by stop system (pneumatically assisted)
- Drive concepts on request with a frequency converter or servo drive
- Pneumatic or hydraulic quick-action chuck for fixing the pipe in the carriage
- Intelligent optimisation of the entire tool package incl. options for the purpose of reducing set-up times